If you’re looking for a breathtaking natural escape in Thailand, you won’t be disappointed with Khao Ta Mong Lai Forest Park in Prachuap Khiri Khan. This beautiful forest park offers a variety of outdoor activities, stunning views, and an opportunity to immerse yourself in nature.
1. Introduction to Khao Ta Mong Lai Forest Park
Khao Ta Mong Lai Forest Park is located in Bang Saphan district, Prachuap Khiri Khan province, Thailand. This park is a must-visit destination for nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts. The park spans over 12,000 rai and offers a range of activities to explore.
2. History of Khao Ta Mong Lai Forest Park
Khao Ta Mong Lai Forest Park was established in 1987, with the aim of conserving the natural beauty and biodiversity of the area. The park was initially home to indigenous communities who relied on the forest for their livelihoods. In the 1980s, the government started a reforestation project in the area, which ultimately led to the establishment of the park.
3. Exploring Khao Ta Mong Lai Forest Park
Visitors to the park can explore the park’s natural beauty by trekking, camping, or cycling. The park has a range of trails that offer different levels of difficulty, so there’s something for everyone. You can hike up to the park’s peak, which offers panoramic views of the surrounding mountains and the sea.
4. Wildlife and Biodiversity
The park is home to a diverse range of flora and fauna, including over 60 species of birds, 24 species of mammals, and 10 species of reptiles. The park’s lush forests are also home to several rare and endangered species, such as the green peafowl and the Asiatic black bear.
5. Activities at Khao Ta Mong Lai Forest Park
Apart from trekking and camping, visitors to the park can also enjoy other activities such as bird watching, mountain biking, and picnicking. The park has several designated picnic areas where visitors can relax and enjoy the scenery. There are also several viewpoints that offer panoramic views of the park.
6. Facilities at Khao Ta Mong Lai Forest Park
The park has several facilities to make your visit comfortable and enjoyable. There are camping areas with toilets and showers, picnic areas with tables and chairs, and a visitor center where you can learn more about the park’s history and biodiversity.
7. Best Time to Visit Khao Ta Mong Lai Forest Park
The best time to visit Khao Ta Mong Lai Forest Park is from November to February when the weather is cooler and less humid. This is also the peak tourist season, so expect the park to be crowded during this time.
8. How to Get to Khao Ta Mong Lai Forest Park
Khao Ta Mong Lai Forest Park is located about 60 kilometers south of Hua Hin. You can take a taxi or hire a car to get there. There are also several buses that run from Bangkok to Bang Saphan, the district where the park is located.
9. Tips for Visiting Khao Ta Mong Lai Forest Park
- Wear comfortable clothing and sturdy shoes for trekking.
- Bring insect repellent and sunscreen.
- Carry enough water and snacks for your trip.
- Respect the park’s rules and regulations.
Khao Ta Mong Lai Forest Park in Prachuap Khiri Khan is a stunning natural destination that offers visitors an opportunity to immerse themselves in nature. With its diverse flora and fauna, breathtaking views, and outdoor activities, the park is a must-visit destination for anyone visiting Thailand. Whether you’re an experienced hiker or just looking for a relaxing day out, Khao Ta Mong Lai Forest Park has something to offer.
Book your Thailand transport Online
- Are there any entrance fees to the park? Yes, there is an entrance fee of 200 baht for adults and 100 baht for children.
- Can visitors stay overnight in the park? Yes, visitors can camp overnight in the designated camping areas.
- Is it safe to trek in the park? Yes, it is generally safe to trek in the park. However, visitors are advised to follow the park’s rules and regulations and take necessary precautions.
- Are there any guided tours available? Yes, there are guided tours available at the park’s visitor center.
- Can visitors bring pets into the park? No, pets are not allowed inside the park for safety reasons.