Are you looking for a perfect tropical getaway? Look no further than the Phi Phi Islands in Thailand! This group of six stunning islands is located in the Andaman Sea, approximately 40 kilometers from the mainland. The Phi Phi Islands are known for their crystal-clear waters, white sandy beaches, and breathtaking limestone cliffs, making it one of the most popular tourist destinations in Thailand. In this article, we’ll take you on a journey through the Phi Phi Islands and share everything you need to know to plan your trip.
Getting to Phi Phi Islands
The only way to get to the Phi Phi Islands is by boat. You can either take a ferry from Phuket, Krabi, or Koh Lanta, or book a private speedboat tour. The ferry ride takes approximately 2-3 hours from Phuket or Krabi, while the speedboat ride takes around 45-60 minutes. We recommend booking your transportation in advance to ensure a smooth and hassle-free journey.
Best time to visit Phi Phi Islands
The best time to visit the Phi Phi Islands is from November to April when the weather is dry and the sea is calm. During this time, you can expect sunny days and warm temperatures, making it perfect for swimming, snorkeling, and sunbathing. The rainy season starts from May to October, and the sea can be rough, making it difficult to explore the islands.
Things to do in Phi Phi Islands
- Maya Bay : is the most famous attraction in Phi Phi Islands. It gained popularity after featuring in the movie ‘The Beach’ starring Leonardo DiCaprio. The bay boasts crystal-clear waters and stunning white sandy beaches, making it the perfect spot for swimming and sunbathing. However, it’s important to note that the bay is closed for rehabilitation until 2021 to allow for the recovery of its damaged coral reefs.
- Phi Phi Viewpoint : If you’re looking for a breathtaking view of the islands, Phi Phi Viewpoint is a must-visit spot. To get to the viewpoint, you’ll need to trek up a steep hill for around 30 minutes. But the stunning panoramic view of the islands and the Andaman Sea is worth the effort.
- Bamboo Island is a small, uninhabited island located just a 20-minute speedboat ride from Phi Phi Don. It’s known for its crystal-clear waters, white sandy beaches, and abundant marine life, making it a perfect spot for snorkeling and diving.
- Long Beach is a beautiful 1.5-kilometer stretch of white sand beach, located on the east coast of Phi Phi Don. It’s less crowded than other beaches in Phi Phi and boasts crystal-clear waters, making it perfect for swimming and sunbathing.
- Monkey Beach is a secluded beach located on the southwestern tip of Phi Phi Don. It’s named after the resident macaque monkeys that often come to the beach looking for food. You can visit the beach by boat and watch the monkeys from a safe distance.
Places to stay in Phi Phi Islands
Phi Phi Islands offer a wide range of accommodation options, from budget-friendly guesthouses to luxurious resorts. The most popular places to stay are on Phi Phi Don island, which has many accommodation options ranging from basic fan rooms to air-conditioned bungalows and villas. Some of the most popular resorts on Phi Phi Don island include Phi Phi Island Village Beach Resort, Zeavola Resort, Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island, and Phi Phi Bayview Resort. If you’re looking for a more secluded and luxurious option, you can also consider staying on the nearby private island of Koh Yao Noi, which is only a short boat ride away.
Eating and Drinking in Phi Phi Islands
Phi Phi Islands offer a wide range of dining options, from traditional Thai food to international cuisine. The most popular spots to eat are located on Phi Phi Don island, where you can find everything from street food stalls to upscale restaurants. Some of the most popular dishes to try include Tom Yum soup, Pad Thai, Green Curry, and Massaman Curry. For drinks, you can enjoy a refreshing coconut shake, Thai iced tea, or a cold beer while watching the sunset.
The Phi Phi Islands are truly a tropical paradise, offering stunning natural beauty and a wide range of activities for travelers of all ages. Whether you’re looking to relax on the beach, explore the islands’ rich marine life, or indulge in delicious Thai food, the Phi Phi Islands have something for everyone. So why not plan your next vacation to this magical destination and experience it for yourself?
Book your Thailand transport Online
- What is the best time to visit the Phi Phi Islands? A: The best time to visit the Phi Phi Islands is from November to April when the weather is dry and the sea is calm.
- How do I get to the Phi Phi Islands? A: The only way to get to the Phi Phi Islands is by boat. You can either take a ferry from Phuket, Krabi, or Koh Lanta, or book a private speedboat tour.
- What are the top things to do in Phi Phi Islands? A: The top things to do in Phi Phi Islands include visiting Maya Bay, Phi Phi Viewpoint, Bamboo Island, Long Beach, and Monkey Beach.
- What are the best places to stay in Phi Phi Islands? A: The best places to stay in Phi Phi Islands are on Phi Phi Don island, which has many accommodation options ranging from budget-friendly guesthouses to luxurious resorts.
- What are some popular dishes to try in Phi Phi Islands? A: Some popular dishes to try in Phi Phi Islands include Tom Yum soup, Pad Thai, Green Curry, and Massaman Curry.
Phi Phi Islands, Phuket , Thailand